CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Seeking Both Experienced and Entry-Level Candidates
Diamond Metals Distribution, LLC is seeking both experienced and entry-level candidates for full-time positions on all three shifts at its newly expanded 50,000 square foot manufacturing facility located on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio (Puritas-Longmead neighborhood). Training provided to proficiently run production, maintain quality and performance objectives while adhering to standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems.
- Makes accurate tooling adjustments and maintains operation of machining equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs adjustments to tooling and fixtures within prescribed limits.
- Completes all records, forms, and data entry as required.
- Checks machined parts visually and dimensionally according to quality standards.
- Cleans chips from tooling and parts following all required safety practices.
- Recognizes and reports machine malfunctions and part discrepancies to supervisor.
- Performs preventative machine maintenance.
- Makes suggestions for process changes that may improve machining operations.
- Housekeeping - replaces worn hand tools and maintain work center
- Performs all required secondary and auxiliary operations at work center
- Recognizes and complies with all applicable Diamond Metals procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Self-motivated and able to learn at a fast pace.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure, specifically down to 1/8" increments
- Ability to perform basic math including fractions and decimals (ie 1/8" = 0.125)
- Machining experience or mechanical background
- Operate machine: that includes loading and unloading parts, micrometers, calipers, and miscellaneous hand tools
Working Conditions/Physical demands
- Shop environment with exposure to hot or cold weather and non-weather related high temperatures; fluorescent lighting and proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Almost continual standing, reaching, grasping, carrying, and balancing
- Moderate amount of time walking and stooping
- Ability to lift at least 40-50+ pounds frequently
- Competitive pay w/ advancement opportunities, if desired
- Medical Benefits (full-time only)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (full-time only)
- Paid Vacation (full-time only)
- Paid Holidays (full-time only)